Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was a pacifist, a famous Indian spiritual leader and fighter for freedom and justice, who lived during the 19th - 20th centuries. Throughout his life's journey he said many wise words which have helped and will help people all over the world deal with their hardships and continue forward. Here are some of them:
1. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
2. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
3. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
4. Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
5. Be the change you want to see in the world.
6. To slight a single human being is to slight those divine powers, and thus to harm not only that being but with him the whole world.
7. The brave gain glory spiritually when they fight alone.
8. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
9. Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.
10. Violence is the weapon of the weak. Nonviolence - of the strong.
11. Love never wants, it only gives. Love only struggles, it never regrets and gets revenge.
12. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
13. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
14. Where there is love there is life.
15. There is not love where there is no will.
16. An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.