Karma is something difficult to describe. Often it is claimed that it is the sum of all actions, intentions and thoughts that a person commits and has. But it also includes the consequences they lead to, the effect that they have.
Karma is the mechanism by which the universe maintains balance. It is subject to strict laws. To be at peace with yourself and in balance with your surrounding world, follow these karmic rules:
1. The Grand Law - You reap what you sow. This is also known as the Law of Cause and Effect. To receive peace, love, friendship, you need to give love, to dedicate yourself to someone.
2. The Law of Creation - Life doesn't just happen, we need to make it. Surround yourself with the people and things you want present in your life.
3. The Law of Connection - Everything in the universe is connected to everything else and whenever we do something, no matter how inconsequential, this affects everything else. Take the first step in order to continue forward. Don't give up until you finish what you've started or that which you achieve will be pointless.
4. The Law of Here and Now - Leave the past in the past and don't waste the present in dreams about the future. Things happen here and now. Don't plan a trip to Paris for years - buy a ticket right now.
5. The Law of Responsibility - Learn to take responsibility for the things happening in your life. If something is not right in your life, something is not right within you.
6. The Law of Hospitality and Giving - Be grateful for the people you love. Open your home to strangers, be generous.
7. The Law of Growth - To grow spiritually, you need to be make the change, it won't come from the environment, other people or some secret place. Change your inner self in order to change your life.
8. The Law of Change - History repeats itself until we learn the lessons we are being taught. Only then can we change our path.
9. The Law of Humility - The longer you refuse to accept something, the longer it will follow you. Accept the faults, your own and others', in order to attain a higher level of existence.
10. The Law of Focus - Focus only on one thing because a person cannot be equally devoted to 2 things. Dedicate yourself to love and you will forget about hate.
11. The Law of Patience and Reward - To receive a reward you must put in effort, patience. Only then will you get true happiness from what you achieve.
12. The Law of Inspiration and True Value - Things aren't measured in money, pounds, feet and so on. Their value is the result of the energy and effort put into attaining them. Everything that separate individuals achieve is a contribution to the universal whole.