Ancient Egyptians and kissing death
Grave of men kissing was discovered in 1964 during an archaeological excavation of ancient tombs in the vicinity of Cairo. Once the archaeologists dug the tomb, they found neither the king nor treasures.
It shocked them somewhat, but the surprise came later. On the wall of the tomb were buried embossed images. These were two men. Surprisingly, however, was that they were frozen in a hug.
Their hands were intertwined, and their noses rub each other, which in ancient Egypt are believed to be an intimate kiss. A relief was written under their names and these were Nianhhnum and Hnumhotep. Egyptologists decipher them and give their occupation; they were personal manicurists to the Pharaoh during the fifth dynasty.
In the tombs of the Pharaoh were found his wife, children and even pets but never the latter husband who does not seem to be of a direct relative. Scientists still disagree on the question of relations between the two manicurists.
According to one hypothesis they were Siamese twins who just cannot but touch each other. According to others their relationship was pure love and therefore those who buried them have enabled them to be together in death.
Scientists have not yet discovered the mysterious reasons for this strange burial. They believe that the truth on this issue will shed light on homosexual relationships in the palace of the ancient Pharaohs.
Be the first to comment here
- Incas - the ancient specialists in cranial surgery?
- Incas fattened sacrificial children
- First Ever Bottled Mineral Water Found
- Egyptologist Solves an Ancient Mystery
- The symbol of the winged sun
- The Mayans had psychic abilities
- The tomb of Philip of Macedonia
- My Cave is my Castle
- The Tarim Mummies of Xinjiang
- Discovered, the mummy of Queen Sesheshet
- Entrance to the underworld of the Maya is found in M...
- Ancient Egyptian Myths
- Similar Results:
- ancient egyptian achievements and inventions
- ancient egypt achievements and inventions
- mysteries of the bermuda triangle ancient aliens
- ancient egypt glyphs pictures of mermaids
- ancient egyptian paintings of mermaids
- african death mask good energy
- ancient mysterious civilizations
- what does it mean to dream of kissing a priest
- meaning of smelling death
- ancient mermaid hieroglyphs
- ancient powerfull magic talisman