Young people usually complain of difficulty sleeping and older people from waking up at night. Recent studies have shown that the risk of insomnia among women is higher than it is for men.
- In 37 percent of cases the reasons are attributed to stress.
- In 38 percent of case it's due to undue concern.
- In 22 percent of cases it's because of depression.
Unfortunately, most people put up with this as they are acting on principle, better to do nothing and wait for the problem to resolve by itself because it is incurable problem.
The amount of lost sleep is significantly less than reported sufferers. There are many reasons for insomnia.
Depression as causes of insomnia in which one wakes up early in the morning and can not sleep again. Alcohol dependence can cause early morning awakening, anxiety can cause difficulty sleeping, and pain and diseases such as emphysema, nervous anorexia and dementia can interfere with sleep. In other words, insomnia is when a person fails to take advantage of the break, because of too little sleep or poor sleep. Insomnia is part of the problem of distortions of sleep due to disturbances in the rhythm, the quantity and quality of sleep, and narcolepsy, sleeping too much.
Another group of violations of sleep distortion is due to the presence of anomalies and adverse event during sleep or during the transition from sleep to wakening.
This group includes:
- Somniloquy (sleep talking)
- Bruxism (gnashing of teeth)
- Restless legs syndrome
The duration of sleep varies for different people and may be altered over the years in the same person. These are:
- Isolated episodes that last several days and usually accompany particularly stressful events.
- Lasts less than three weeks, disappears spontaneously or taking drugs.
When such a condition persists for more than a month then you should contact the therapist.See more